Sunday, 29 May 2011

"Radiant"

When I was a child, one of my happiest memories was one of the simplest.

On weekends, I always woke before my parents, but on the odd occasion I would wake early and enter the lounge to find mum already seated at the table, reading the morning paper. On these mornings the newborn sun would always be streaming through the window behind her, bathing the room (and my mother) in a deliciously warm golden glow. She'd greet me with a smile, and I'd tuck the treasured moment away into a peaceful corner of my brain and smile in return.

When I looked at the photos Bree snapped the last time we were at Nan's, I instantly recalled this particular  film-roll of memories and knew exactly how I could scrap it. Thanks Bree for giving me back a lovely moment of my childhood! (Even if she did grab the scissors while my attention was elsewhere, and snip the page!).





This layout came together in a wee frenzy of inspiration - until it came time to gluing it down.

The glue had dried right up.

 Desperate to get it finished asap, I decided to hand-stitch everything in place. It took much longer than I had anticipated, but I really enjoyed the process. I felt more 'connected' to my project. Have now decided to hand-stitch layouts as much as possible - gluing is such a soul-less task!

Photos by Bree, age 3. (She's gonna be a photographer one day!)

Materials Used:
Paper: Fancy Pants 'Roadshow'
Embellishments: Prima packaging, corrugated cardboard, vintage lace, vintage drawing paper, fabric flower, plastic foliage, hand-made flourishes, stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...