Saturday, 1 October 2011

"Nosey Parker"

After an hour or two of rifling aimlessly through a thousand printed photos and a significant stack of patterned papers, I was ready to give up all hope and go to bed. It was around midnight after all... As I began to pack away the chaos of scrap supplies I'd spread around the lounge floor (where all my scrapbooking is done), I noticed a couple of photos I had thrown upon a sheet of polka paper. 

Hmm... This might work... 

^^ That there was the voice of the sneaky little Insomnia Worm that lives in my brain, coaxing me to stay awake another hour or two as the night was still young and besides, the recent changeover to daylight savings meant my body clock still believed it was only 11pm. 

Convinced - oh so easily because I'm a pushover really - I looked around for something that might work with the polka dots. Or at least something that hadn't been packed away already. The lining of a cardboard box, some sandpaper, ink, and a sheet of stripey paper. Meh, that'll pass with a push.  

Quicksmart, photo edges were sanded. The box lining was separated so I had a mix of flat and corrugated paper. Everything - including the sandpaper - was arranged in slap-dash manner behind the photos.  The flat pieces of cardboard box were cut into journalling strips then edged with torn scraps of stripey paper. An overkill of ink applied to the edges of the 12x12, and splotched here and there. Title cut from letters in a magazine a couple of days later. Finished.


The journalling says:

You're such an inquisitive little dude.
Bet you're gonna be one of those kids
who takes stuff apart to see how it works.


I just hope you'll be able to 
put dad's model cars back together again.




I think the patterned paper is My Minds Eye, but it's all a hazy sleep-deprived blur now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...