Sunday, 25 September 2011

"Believe"

A layout inspired both by a late night conversation with Char and the latest Scottie Crafts challenge.

It makes me sad when she is having a struggle with her self-confidence, which was the gist of our heart-to-heart. I wanted to create something that would remind her to stay strong. And believe in herself. And with the latest challenge at Scottie Crafts to 'create a project using your favourite scrapping manufacturer' in mind, I made this using (mainly) Fancy Pants - in particular the 'Roadshow' collection which I find myself using frequently (lucky I stocked up on the range!) as I love it so much. And Basic Grey alpha which is also a fav.



 Usually I struggle a bit with journalling on a LO - which is odd as I have no problem rambling inanely the rest of the time - but given the givens, this time the journalling was the first to be put together (albeit hastily scribbled and unedited). A page from a worn and weathered copy of Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil was one of the last details to be added, but then I struggled to find that right finishing touch. The top left area above the journalling needed something, and the leafy flourish from my pack of FP Roadshow Rub Ons screamed to be selected. Finally I realised if I cut the flourish and placed the majority of it above the journalling to give a bit of balance to that side of the page, and allowed the rest to trail out from the corner of the photo for continuity and to balance out that area, it would probably be as right as I'd ever get it.




End Note: Stay tuned next time for two off-the-page projects using papers from Graphic 45's 'Steampunk Debutante' and Bo Bunny's 'Et Cetera' collections!

End Note 2:  Thanks Scottie Crafts for the RAK sent out for my entry to last month's challenge. I already have a project in mind for it... ;)

"Believe" created with:
Fancy Pants 'Roadshow' papers, stickers and rub ons. AC cardstock. Basic Grey alpha. Prima flowers.

8 comments:

  1. This is such an important conversation and I love the way you documented it here. To be caring and compassionate is a wonderful gift. The photo you chose, with the focus on her eyes, looks so introspective and is perfect for this. I like the way you tucked in the book page too. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love the way you journaled and the book paper is really attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Callie - the journalling is beautiful - Thanks for taking up the challenge at Scottie Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful page and awesome journal,tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. Beautiful photo and layout.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout it amazing, just stunning.
    What a talent you have.
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thanks for the lovely comments! And thanks also from my daughter Char, she was happy to read them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful tribute to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...