Thursday, 15 September 2011

"Little Dryad"

This layout was put together a couple of days ago for September's challenge on the NZ Paper Chase blog

The challenge is to create a layout based on a sketch, and to add something altered, or a frame to the photo.

I've been wanting to make a page with this photo of Bree along with the striped Kaisercraft paper for some time, and the 'frame' element of this challenge gave me the push to get a move on, with an inspiration to make a swing out of twine and willow branch to form a kind of frame. A sheet from Basic Grey's 'Out of Print' collection was used to resemble a strange assortment of leaves/branches for a whimsical twist.


I tried to leave the edges of the striped paper clean and tear-free, but it just looked too flat, so I had to scrunch, sand and tear them. Probably should have stopped there. The black ink I went on to add makes the page look a bit like it's been plucked from the smouldering remains of a burnt out building.
Probably should work on improving my range of ink colours.

The size of the alpha was annoyingly big, so 'Little Dryad' had to become 'Dryad', but it was all I had to go with, and then I was one 'd' short so a 'p' had to suffice. Would've been a good idea to have used the scissors on those two letters to make them match up better...  Probably should work on building up my stash of alphas.

In fact, it probably would have been a good idea to go to bed at 1am instead of trying to get it all finished in one burst.  Meh.  Too many layouts are collecting dust in the 'incomplete projects' drawer of my scrapbooking closet because I have decided to come back to it the next day. You know how that day never comes...

Anyway, I will be making another post shortly with another layout of made for  the challenge at Scottie Crafts. It's due by midnight tonight, and I am currently stuck on my title and where to place it. Titles. They kill me.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful. So wish I had more time to make comments on all of your goreous layouts. Your work is amazing......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...