Monday, 19 September 2011

"Even Angels Will Fall" (or a section of...)

I'm loving Basic Grey's 'Out of Print' collection at the moment, having used one of the paper's in in two LO already. Here's a wee preview of the latest...


















                                     I cut out some of the feathery paisley leaf-like (what IS it?) shapes from  this paper and decided they'd be suitable as whimsy kind of wings to add on to Char's back. She was actually wearing black wings, but they didn't show up in the photo. I'm also loving the My Minds Eye papers that are behind the photo - they just seemed to go so nicely with the colours in the 'wings'.

Char came up with the title for me. 'Even Angels Will Fall'. These photos were for a Bebo competition, where she was portraying a lost/fallen angel, or something to that effect...



Although the layout is 95%  finished, there's still something not quite right that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the lack of journalling, or the title placement. Meh, it's in the 'things to get back to figuring out' pile, where it may likely sit for a really really long time.

Okay, time to go. Visitors have arrived, and past history has taught me that if you remained zoned out on the computer when you have guests over, they soon wordlessly leave again... *shamefaced*

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your fussy cutting! Really clever to use this pattern as wings. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...