Thursday, 15 September 2011

"Clucky"

This week I've churned out more layouts than I have in several weeks, and for two of those three layouts I can thank Challenges!

This was the Scottie Craft challenge:
Step 1:  Choose a colour palette from Design Seeds to base the layout on.
Step 2: Pick a designer who inspires you.


For the colour palette, I went with 'Feathered Hues' as I love the warm mix of chocolate brown and teal, and I had just the range of papers in mind to go with it. (Well, colour match isn't quite right, but it was the closest I could find!)


Chosing a designer was difficult, as I'm not well read on scrapping designers, so I flicked through a few of my scrapbook magazines until I decided on Rachael Scholy who I found on page 16 of Scrapbooking With the Experts. She describes her style as 'funky shabby chic' and I was inspired by her suggestion of using bling to frame or highlight objects on the page. I used this idea by framing my pregnant belly with self-adhesive pearls with a swirly shape that cupped the belly quite nicely (I cut the design in half). The way the pearl flourish curls around back into the photo could sort of resemble a baby in fetal position, don't you think?




I had the general concept in place but was quite frankly stumped as to how it was all going to go together on the page. Too much over thinking, not enough sleeping. In the end I borrowed from the layout style on page 39 of Scrapbooking Memories Vol 13 No 5.



End Note: There are five birds on the page. One to symbolise each member of the family.

End Note 2: The submission date for the challenge was Sep 15, midnight. It was 11.20pm when I began writing this in order to put up the link, and then Indie decided to wake - arggh! The link was put up with ten minutes to go. Nothing quite like working under pressure...

Products used: 
Fancy Pants 'Happy Together' papers and rub ons, Zva Creative Pearls, Basic Grey (I think?) chipboard alpha

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Layout Callie great idea to highlight with bling and love how you have highlighted your layout thanks for playing along at Scottie Crafts! New Challenge is going up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev, it was fun! I look forward to the next challenge - in fact I think I'm finding this challenge thing quite addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...