Friday, 2 September 2011

"Remember This Moment"

I've been dying to use this paper from Simple Stories '100 Days of Summer' collection bought from Scrapbook Outlet NZ, but in the past few weeks I've been too busy blogging at my other blog to do much in the way of scrapbooking. Fortunately mum came to stay for a couple of days last week, and she always inspires me to create another layout. And so, at last, I did.


It's incredibly simple but the paper itself was so pretty, I didn't want to clutter it. Though in hindsight I wish I'd made an actual effort to keep my title straight!

Originally I wanted to use a beach photo for this particular page, but despite having taken 3.5 millions photos at the beach last summer, not a single one seemed to quite fit. And then I came across this photo Char took of herself and Bree, and I realised there was no other photo in my collection that would work so well. I mulled on it for a few days, then remembered my box of Fancy Pants 'Happy Holidays' chipboard stickers and knew there'd be something amid it that would suit. I wanted a flourish and was willing to cut one out myself if need be, but this one from the collection went nicely.

A trip to NZ Scrapbook on the Shore (where they were having a 50% off EVERYTHING sale!!!) is where I sourced the flowers and one of the papers used to mat the photo.

I distressed the papers used to mat the photo and as it's pretty much impossible for me to cut a straight line, it's just become part of my style to NOT have straight lines, even if they look like they should be... And laying down lettering in a straight line? Seems impossible for me, even when the paper has ruled lines printed on to it! Meh, I give up. The oddity and unevenness is just a part of who I am I suppose, and this is certainly reflected in my scrapbooking...

The journalling and title is inspired by Char's on-and-off struggle with depression/ teen angst. And my own, I suppose, when I really think about it. (Seems to be a recurring theme far as my journalling is concerned....)

Only now that I'm posting an update on this latest layout do I realise there's an important detail missing from it - a centerpeice for the flower. And here I was thinking that for once I've managed to finish a project in one sitting without needing to come back and fix something up!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful page,great pic
    i love your blog!will start following it,tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO, gorgeous photo! Now your newest follower, great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...