Tuesday, 12 July 2011

"Summer in a Nutshell"

We made the most of the beach as much as we could over summer, and our days spent there were fun, crazy, impulsive... And I wanted this layout to reflect that. Hence the big bold polka dots.

Originally the whole page was polka, and at the time I thought the black filmstrip would be an interesting contrast to the vibrant summer polka. I also loved the way the curves of the filmstrip worked beside the photo's mid-air sand. Of course, I was wrong. I wanted a fun vibrant summer feel, but I'd taken the wrong turn at Funsville and ended up in Crazy Town. 

Unfortunately I'd already begun applying rub ons and affixing chipboard before I realised this. Typical. Rather than bin the project, I tore it in half-ish and stuck the bottom half to plain blue cardstock. The chipboard 'SUMMER' left behind a final layer when I tried to remove it, so I cut around the letters and decided it would be interesting to use it rather than the original chipboard.

All in all, it's crazy, cluttered, and pretty much looks like I threw everything onto the page and glued it down wherever it landed. Meh, if the clown suit fits...






Started: April 2011
Reworked & Finished 30.05.2011

Created with:
Paper: AC Cardstock, My Minds Eye (I think?)
My Minds Eye "Breaking Free" rub-ons
Craftworks alphabet stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...