Monday, 11 July 2011

Yellow makes me happy...

Today on the way home from the park, Bree and I had a discussion about the seasons, and when we got to Autumn and I started telling her how the leaves of trees turn yellow, red, golden, brown etc and drop to the ground, she told me "I hate brown. Brown makes me ANGRY! Brown makes me SAD! But I love yellow mummy. Yellow's my favourite colour. Yellow makes me HAPPY!"  It was a cute moment.
She also pointed out a hole in my lesson: that not all of the trees have lost their leaves. This led me to explain evergreens. And then she noted that the grass is still green, which in turn led to a discussion regarding the difference between lawn grass and trees... By this time I was sort of stumbling on explaining plant anatomy and whatnot to a three and a half year old, but before it became all too complicated (for me :P) we had reached home, and the topic of conversation soon turned to FOOD!

I love that Bree has reached the age where we are able to have these discussions with her. She took so long to begin speaking in the first place, but of course once she started...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...